Congratulations to the finalist teams!
We are pleased to announce the seven teams who are moving onto the final round of the challenge.
Thank you to the 23 teams’ participants for your hard work during the last months!
More than 90 experts have met to assess various enterprising and highly accomplished projects on both categories: Best technological Innovation & Best idea for a new way to use cars.
And the finalist teams are:
In the "technological innovation" category
- The CLEY team from the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosí (Mexico), with a project to recover braking energy
- The CLUSTERGY team from the National Technical University of Athens (Greece), with a vehicle-to-vehicle energy transfer project
- The SPMIP team from the Warsaw University of Technology (Poland), with a project to detect icy and wet road surfaces
In the "idea for new ways of using cars" category
- The ECOpilot team from the University of Granada (Spain), with a project to measure vehicle emissions and cabin air quality in real time
- The FET team from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (India), with a smart speed control project to optimize travel time and safety while easing congestion
- The FUTUCITY team from the Jan Matejko Academy of Fine Arts (Poland), with a project to build capsules to serve as both transportation and housing
- The Ours Mobility team from EDHEC Business School (France), with a project for an application that will quickly and easily find the most economical parking solution
Each team will present its project to the Challenge jury on October 26th in Paris, France!
The Valeo Innovation challenge is a unique opportunity for students around the world to play an active role in automobile innovation and exchange ideas with leading business, industrial and academic figures.